Nowadays, access to Linksys Setup with range extender has become necessary to work with internet faster and efficiently. Whether you recently bought a new range extender or reset your Linksys extender, following guidance will be helpful to be a part of the digital world. Here we will go with Linksys Range Extender Setup.
Steps to access Linksys Setup
- Plug in the Linksys range extender in power outlet.
- When you go to switch on, you have to wait until the extender’s indicator light gets stable.
- Connect your Computer with Linksys range extender Ethernet port using Ethernet cable.
It may happen that automatically range extender page gets opened on your PC if it does not then get into a web browser on your PC.
- Type the default IP address ‘192.168.1.1’in the address bar.
- You will get access to Username and Password options.
- You can leave the username blank and fill the password with default Linksys Password ‘admin’ in lower case.
- Click on ‘Log-in’
- The range extender Web-Based Setup page is displaying on your screen.
- First of all, if want to make the changes in its language, the option is located left corner.
- Click on ‘Start’ option
- Next option is ‘License Agreement’, you may read this, click on the checkbox showing below and click on the ‘I Agree’.
- Next option is ‘Choose your Wireless Network’ select the receptive one.
- Enter the Linksys Password for your wireless network and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Here you can change the Network Name and Password for keeping your Wi-Fi Extender security.
- Promptly you have accessed the Range Extender setup.
Once you have done the configuration, for next time, now you can follow these steps:
- Window users can click on the ‘Start’ option but your device has installed another window then click on the ‘Search’ option to find the ‘Network’ option.
- Click on the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- It will ask for the username and password. As usual, you can skip the username but not the Linksys password that is ‘admin’ by default or if you have changed then go with changed one.
- You can check the DHCP client table to find the devices connected to your network regardless it is wired or wireless device.
Once you have accessed the Linksys Setup with Range Extender, the strong and consistent connection to your router will be there.