Access Linksys Setup becomes difficult when your Linksys Range Extender does not work properly. We all know the extender’s main motive is to extend the wifi signals but if it is not working you will get difficulties to access Linksys Router Login admin page faster. No longer you need you live with this issue, as the solution is here to guide you with step wise instructions.
Relocate Your Linksys Range Extender RE6500
First of all, whenever you find the Linksys Range Extender is not working then relocate it near to your device or accordingly. There is one feature that comes when you log in with your Linksys Range Extender. That is ‘Spot Finder’, following this option you can replace your extender until it stables to ‘Just Right’ option. ‘Just Right’ let you know the right signals of the internet.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider
Make sure to once contact your ISP to get the updates on the internet. It may happen that the problem appeared from ISP’s end. On the other side stay aware of your data usage, it may be expired. Range Extender works only to improve the internet speed while monitoring the internet usage is the responsibility of the ISP and you too.
Reset RE6500 Range Extender – Access Linksys Setup Default Factory Settings
When you find the other tips are not working to troubleshoot the RE6500 Range Extender problems then get ready to reset your range extender to access Linksys Setup default factory setting. Once this reset process is done, all your settings will be removed. The reset can be done by using two methods web-based and manually.
Web-Based RE6500 Range Extender Reset
- Access your Browser > Type 192.168.1.1 > Press ‘Enter’.
- Confirm Username and password
- Go to ‘Administration’ and click on ‘Factory Defaults’
- Select the ‘Restore Factory Defaults’
- Click on ‘Management’ > ‘Restore Configurations’ > ‘Save Settings’
- It will be restored.
Manual RE6500 Range Extender Reset
- RE6500 Range Extender has the reset button located on its backside, which you need to long press for few seconds.
- Your extender will get reset and you can again connect it to the Router with default settings.
If you want to reset your Range Extender via web-based due to your slow speed of internet, it will take time to access Linksys Setup home page where reset can be done using web-based settings. As compared to the web-based, the manual reset method is better for instant processing, you can choose for you.
The Important Tips
- Once disconnect the Linksys Router and Range Extender as well as power it off for some time. You can restart the Linksys Router and Range Extender within the gap of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check the storage of device which gives slow processing error in downloading and browsing process.
- Remove the cookie and cache details from your browser. It creates problem in accessing internet.
Surely these instructions will help you troubleshoot the issues related to RE6500 Extender is not working.