Linksys Router Setup for Wireless-N Range Extender allows the users to repeat the wireless signals to access internet activities. Typically, Extenders is known for its best feature to extend the Wifi range of existing network. Thus, you can remove the dead zones from your home network. The effective benefit of Linksys Wireless-N Range Extender is, it can be used as access point and extender too. This quality makes the Linksys Wireless-N Range Extender a significant technical product. If you recently bought this one and need assistance then follow these steps:
- Create a connection between the device (Preferably Laptop/PC/Computer) and Linksys Wireless-N Range Extender with the help of an Ethernet Cable.
- Power on your Linksys Range Extender and monitor its LED status. If the LEDs have become stable it means the extender is getting proper power and ready for the installation.
- Now open your web browser, http://extender.linksys.com if it is not working then you can opt for the 168.1.1 to get into a Linksys Router Login page.
- A pop-up window will display on your gadget’s screen asking for Username and Password. In case you have never ever changed the router default Linksys Password then you can write the ‘admin’ otherwise go with the changed password.
- Click on log-in and you have reached to the Linksys Router Setup
- Go to the ‘Wireless’ option and click on the ‘Basic Wireless Settings’
- Click on ‘Manual’ and Enter the ‘Network (SSID) Name’
- Go to the ‘Wireless Security’ option > Security Settings.
- Enter the ‘WEP’ key and ‘Passphrase’ (Password). These are same which you saved for your network router.
- Click on ‘Save Settings’ option to establish the Linksys Wireless N Range Extender and Network Router. Thus you will be able to use Linksys Wireless-N range Extender within your home network.
- After completing these settings, keep your Extender and Router Off for some seconds. After few minutes power on both the products but go to use the products when you find their lights has stabled not blinking.
Your Linksys Router Setup with wireless-N Range extender has been done. Now you can keep the extender wherever you want inside your home network.