Do you want to boost Wi-Fi signals of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi RE6400 Router? Using a Linksys Range Extender Wi-Fi, you will be able to eliminate the dead zones and enhance the internet speed regardless the number of devices connected to your Router. The quality of a Range Extender, it allows you with uninterrupted Wi-Fi signals for smooth downloading, uploading, online browsing and similar tasks. There is no need to install any CD or software for Extender setup. You only need to setup your Router to the Range Extender for which the guidelines are described below:
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi RE6400 Router Setup
- Plug in the Linksys Range Extender and power on the switch of the power outlet.
- It will take time, when you find the Range Extender light has turned into stable orange from blinking then you can process towards your wireless device.
- Connect your device with Range Extender’s Default Wi-Fi name.
- Go to the browser, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press ‘Enter’.
- It will show ‘Welcome to RE6400 Extender’, you need to click on ‘Start Setup’.
- By default, it will be selecting the ‘As a Wireless Range Extender’ upon setup, you need to click on ‘Next’.
- Due to internet speed, it may take time to detect Wi-Fi Network, select your Wi-Fi name and go by entering Linksys Password. In case, your Wi-Fi is not showing or may be hidden then scroll down the list and click to enter ‘Network Name’ and ‘Password’ Manually.
- You have accessed the ‘Extended Wireless Network’ broadcasting the range extender. It’s up to you whether you want to change the settings or go with the default network.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option.
The ‘Spot Finder’ let you know your Linksys RE6400’s location that is ‘Just Right’. The purpose of this feature is to determine the signal strength of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router and Range Extender. In case it is showing too far or too close you can relocate it accordingly.
For the configuration, you can also press the ‘Push’ Button of Range Extender to connect to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi RE6400 Router.
To secure you Range Extender, you can ‘Enter the Admin Password’ that you can remember for next time Linksys Router Login. The extended wireless settings of Range extender refers to its wireless link between the wireless devices and range extender. It has options to configure the wireless settings with the extended network.